Monday 28 April 2014

Amazing response to moment of need


A very exciting picture of an old Honda 4 stroke. 
This may not be the most exciting picture ever taken but it tells a story that begins with a real low to which there has been a fantastic positive response.
On Sunday morning we turned up at the lake to find that all 6 remaining engines (following the February storm) had been stolen. This morning I emailed the staff at UCC to see if anyone could help. The response was immediate. Within an hour I had an engine from the Geography department in the boot of my car on the way to the lake- Thank you to Mary Murphy for answering the request for help so quickly. There were several others including Roddy O'Connor of Custom Works who rang me to say he had an engine sitting unused. It is unused no longer! This evening I was able to take the session as if nothing had happened.

Happy coach with engine- nothing stops us.

No comments:

Post a Comment